Wednesday, October 08, 2008

HCJB Global

I wanted to let a few of my close friends know I’ve accepted the position of President/CEO of HCJB Global, starting November 1, 2008. Leaving our work and friends at Moody will be difficult. I’m grateful to the Lord for our years at Moody. I treasure the experience and the friendships. My hope is that I've help make Moody Radio an effective ministry, a healthy place to work and a strong team to carry forward.

Clarence Jones took his experience at Moody leaving Chicago for South America to start radio station HCJB in Quito in 1931. Today HCJB Global Voice and Global Hands is an international ministry with 800 staff and 230 missionaries and annual budget of $39M. The corporate headquarters is in Colorado Springs. The Global Technology Center is in Elkhart. Regional centers focus on Asia Pacific, Sub-Sahara Africa, Euro-Asia, North Africa-Middle East, Latin America and North America. Currently HCJB Global Voice has outlets in 100 countries broadcasting in 120 languages and is using podcast, video production and mobile devices to present the Gospel.

The mission of HCJB Global is to reach those who have never heard and to equip those who can be mobilized. Media, healthcare and leadership training are the strategies used to come alongside indigenous ministries to plant, train, equip.

God has clearly directed us as we’ve sought His will in this opportunity. The verse that sealed it was Romans 15.21: “Those who were never told of Him will see. Those who’ve never heard of Him will get the Message.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm proud of you dad! Can I go to India with you sometime? :)

Mommy Missionary said...

And I want to go to Africa! Congrats

Ralph said...

Wayne,
Thank you for accepting this responsibility, privilege and all around BIG job.
When your name was announced, it took me right back to times of hearing "Footprints" on KNWC or KFNW during the early 1980s.
Great memories, great show!
And a great God leading, carrying, steadying you on your path.
-Ralph in Quito

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wayne!

Gerard & Rebeca, Missionaries @ HCJB Global Voice Australia.