Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Some Solitude


During a time "off the grid",  I picked up a copy of Life Action magazine.  The theme of this issue was "Pause".  It was about rest and restoration. 

God's trying to get a message to me because at a recent meeting in California, our host gave me a book by Mark Buchanan: The Rest of God: Restoring Your Soul by Restoring Sabbath.  

"For Jesus, time alone with God was not an option.  Unlike Jesus, we attempt to live life on our own energy.  He knew  He had no higher priority than to abide in intimate unbroken fellowship with His Father, so He might fulfill His Father’s will. " Nancy Leigh DeMoss

"I’ve been in a hurry most of my life--Getting to the next thing without fully entering into the thing in front of me.  We have let ourselves be consumed by things that feed the ego but starve the soul.  Busyness kills the heart.  
Genuine rest has been an axiom of healthy living.  Unfortunately, it is a principle badly misunderstood by those whose lives are driven to achievement." Mark Buchanan


Jesus invited us to enjoy the "unforced rhythm of God's grace.

Wayne

No comments: