Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stay in your Strength Zone

Andy Stanley has written a book describing the Next Generation Leader.

If you’re a Next Generation Leader: recognize you have limited strengths.

You don’t need to be an expert in everything.  Don’t spend time on projects outside your strength.

Narrow your focus to increase your influence. Discover your zone and stay there.
Delegate everything else.   Really, the less you do, the more you’ll accomplish.

Paul, the 1st Century apostle described this principle this way.

When I am weak, then I’m strong.  God’s strength is made perfect in my weakness.

When I realize that I can’t do it all, I rely on the resources of others.  It’s not a one man show.  And when I realize I can’t do it all, I rely the more on God’s strength.

No comments: