Monday, November 08, 2010

I Wish I Had Done It Sooner

've found most people don't regret what they’ve done. I've found many who regret what they didn't do.

I think of the opportunities I've missed by ignoring an opportunity.

I think of times I wouldn't step out of my comfort zone and take a risk. I think about times I moved too slow.

Jack Welch is the famed former CEO of GE. He had a reputation for ruthless decisions. Recently, Bill Hybels conducted an interview. Bill asked if Welch had any regrets from his years in leadership. Jack replied: Yes. I wish I hadn't moved so slowly.

I can relate. If I had taken action on some situations right away, I would have avoided years of struggle.

Jesus emphasized the importance of TODAY. James his brother said, "Don't put it off till tomorrow. We have no assurance of tomorrow.”

Deal with little problems promptly, before they become BIG problems.

No comments: