Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"No Guilt" Fun

I used to feel guilty about wasting time having fun. I was taught that every single moment we live must count.

Recently I've found that the greatest waste of time is unproductive tasks.

Like spending HOURS trying to get a new software program to work. I smack my forehead and say: I could have been relaxing.

I now realize the most destructive waste of time is not in “having fun”, but spending hours doing useless work.

Jesus made every moment count. Yet, he went to a wedding. He played with kids. He went boating and fishing. He went to a quiet place to pray and rest.

So, when you work, work with intentionality.

And when you play, play with abandon, forgetting the long list of emails in your in box.

And let the joy of the Lord be your strength.

~Wayne

No comments: