Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jesus' Home Run

Last night, our grandson, Justin, played in a baseball tournament for consolation champs in their little league. In the last inning, he stepped up to the plate and hit a home run, the only home run of the game.

Fortunately, I caught the whole thing on video. (It’s on my Facebook page, in case you want to watch it.) Everyone stood. There was cheering. There were high-fives everywhere. Anyway, in watching the video afterwards, what struck me was how everyone was saying Justin’s name: the fans, the coach, his teammates. Over and over your heard: “Justin, Justin, Justin!”

It made me think of what it’s going to be like at the bottom of the final inning when we celebrate Jesus’ home run. I think we’ll all be standing up and celebrating, cheering, giving high-fives. But I believe we will all (fans, coaches, players) be saying the name over and over and over: “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!”

No comments: